Thursday, April 28, 2011

Grant is born!








I had really wanted to have a VBAC, but that wasn't looking like an option at my 39 week appointment.  I prayed and thought a lot about it and really just couldn't stand being pregnant anymore, so we scheduled the C- section for Friday April 8th.  We got to the hospital at 5:45 am and by 8:01 we had our 8lb 2oz, 20 inch baby boy.  Recovery was so much better than I had experienced after my first c section, and it's a good thing because when Grant was only 9 days old, Ethan broke his tibia.  So now we are adjusting to life with a newborn baby and a handicapped, 45 lb almost 3 year old.  It's been crazy but getting better!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Grant is a cutie:) I'm happy to hear that you are doing good! I'ts so sad to see Ethan in a cast a wheelchair:( How long does he have to wear the cast? Poor kid!

Marisa said...

It's comforting to see Ethan in a good mood and moving around like its no big deal. It was heart breaking to see him the day it got broken and to hear the story of how he reacted to the pain. I'm really glad things are getting better and I am pleased to say that I am a proud Auntie! And I love my new nephew Grant. :)